Independence Day

This used to be a huge holiday for me. There were a few years in a row where I made a point to really celebrate Independence Day. I wanted to go out and declare something about myself. I wanted to prove I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted. This year I am just sitting around and trying not to spend money.

I wonder if Independence Day is not as special because the idea of independence is no longer something that I cling to. At one time I felt that I needed more independence in my life. I felt that it was an idea that I should celebrate. Now I have more then enough independence. I am looking for things in my life that will make me connected to other people. I am looking for things that will demand of me and make me less independence. Maybe that is why the day has lost something for me.

Comments

Popular Posts