Working on Sunday

I am actually at TiVo working right now. I am not the type of person who likes to work weekends. I think that it is important to take time away from work. If you are working all the time, your productivity will suffer. I do not even feel fully productive when I work a normal eight hour day.

Yesterday the AVS Fourm had a TiVo Picnic. They asked that some of the employees show up. I decided it was the right thing for me to do. It is always good to fly the flag as my father would say. I had an okay time. I had some cool geek conversations about HDTV and nano-computing. I did not stay too long. It was really hot yesterday. I was starting to feel a little dehydrated. That is always a good sign of when to leave.

Today I am in the office looking at issues. There is a deadline that I need to meet on Wednesday. I need to plan out how my team is going to attack these issues. If I did not have to worry about the rest of my team, I would not be in here right now. I have to have a plan by tomorrow morning. If I do not have a plan by then, a lot of time will be wasted. I cannot have that.

With all that said, I am in the office right now. I still take a second or two for a diversion. It is not as often at the regular work day, but I still have to refresh my mind from time to time. I have to get out of here before too long. I will not have anything left for tomorrow if I do not.

Comments

Popular Posts