Party Drinking

Last night Jason threw a party in honor of one of his college friends. It was a party filled mostly with people I do not know. I really drank last night. I had a lot of beer in a short period of time. I did not know most of the people so it was easy to drink. It has been a long time since I have drank myself to oblivion. It has to go back to when I was living in Pennsylvania. I have tried at times, but I just could not do it. I always stop before I am really that drunk.

I should define what I mean by drinking myself to oblivion. It is drinking to the point where nothing makes sense. It is drinking to the point where it is just really good to be drunk. It is drinking to the point where you are going to have to sleep a while before you sober up. It is sleep where you are because DUI is really a downer, drunk. Drinking to oblivion is the way I used to drink when I was in college and 18 years old.

Last night I was on the way to drinking myself to oblivion. I noticed that when other people were drinking, I was right there with them. When we were playing games and drinking a lot, I was not to be out done. I was sucking down beers at a great rate. I think I finished one bottle in under ten minutes. I was drinking like it was the old days.

Before I got to oblivion, everyone else seemed to stop. Once everyone else stopped, I could no longer drink at that pace. It seemed like I was doing something wrong to try to keep drinking like that. I lost my heart to drink when I was drinking alone. I guess I am lucky that is how I feel. I wonder how my life would be if I could drink to oblivion while I was alone.

Comments

Popular Posts