Minority Report

I went to see Minority Report last night with a friend. I went with a woman I work with. She is someone that I have been friendly with for a while. I really wanted to see this movie, but I knew that I would not go see it by myself. I had to see it before anyone ruined it for me. I had to stop several people from talking about it at lunch. I loved the movie. It reminded me of the best of 70s Sci-fi. The images were not caught under the weight of Blade Runner or Road Warrior.

I asked a woman to go with me and she said yes. I decided to treat it just like any of my other friends. I will admit that I do not have very many female friends in San Jose. It is easier to treat guys like friends. With a guy there is no subtext that I am missing. There are no signal that I am misunderstanding. With a guy I am not wondering if I missed anything. I am not worried about my lack of relationships over the last several years. All of these things come into play with women.

I like this women, but she seems very blank or very distant. I am not always sure which one it is. She is friendly, but I can never read anything off her. I decided to just treat her like any of the guys I would see a movie with. I know this is always an odd idea to try. It has lead me to both good and bad places in the past. I would love to be honest with this woman, but I have a hard time being honest with women. It has do with the language of women and men.

Comments

Popular Posts