In The City

After my birthday dinner I went into the city to hang out with Cathy. She was DJ'ing at the 700 Club. The bar is two floors and the DJs were on the second floor. The bar is an old row home. The second floor has a house hold decor. The Bar looks like a residential kitchen and the DJ station is tiled like a bathroom.

After Cathy was done DJ'ing, we decided to drive down to Atlantic City. This might not have been the smartest movie. Cathy was a little too tried to enjoy this. When we got down to AC, it was a little cold and windy. We were only there a few minutes before we decide to leave. At least I got the chance to see the Atlantic ocean. On the drive back we were singing along with the radio so we could stay away. Cathy was amazed at how well she remember lyrics to Bryan Adams songs.

When we got back to Cathy's apartment we spent most of the day sleeping. I was good after only a couple of hours, but I knew Cathy was more rundown the I was. It is usually easy for me to go with only a couple of hours of sleep when I am on vacation. I did not disturb her into the afternoon.

We decided to go shopping. Cathy wanted to pick up another DJ CD player. The DJ store was pretty cool. I love all the toys there. I wish I had more money or a reason to buy some of that stuff. I like the CD players that you can cue like a turn table.

After that we went to a record shop. I always bitch about how there are no good record stores in San Jose. I wanted to take advantage of one while I was in Philadelphia. We when to one on North Second street. It was not there when I lived in Philadelphia. I forget the name of it. I had to keep myself from just buying everything I picked up. It was tempting, but I did not want to spend that much money.

After that we met up with some people for dinner. It most of the Philadelphia connection from the End of Summer Party. I have not seen them in a long time. I had a great time just sitting around, eating, and talking with them. It seemed like I intently reconnected with them.

After dinner some of us went for coffee. I got to talk to Angela a bit more. I realized how much I would like to get to know her again. She is just as funny as she used to be, but she seems much more grown up and confident in herself. We sat around the coffee house until it closed. It was like we did not want the night to end. I do not know when I will get to hang out with these people again. It was a very good birthday adventure in Philadelphia.

Comments

Popular Posts