The Flight

Positives
Direct flight from SFO to PHL
Seat next to me was open
No one around me was really rude

Negatives
Kevin Cosner movie infight
Had to use the Air Sick bag
Would not give me the whole can of apple juice

The flight from San Francisco was not too bad. It took me no time at all to get though security in San Francisco. I was sitting in SFO for longer then two hours before we boarded. There seems to be no energy in airports anymore. Everyone is walking on egg shells. I used to love to just watch people in airports. Those same people do not seem exciting anymore. They are not as open with their actions.

The flight itself was not too bad. I have never been on a six hour flight before. It was nice to fly directly from the San Francisco to Phildelphia. It cuts off all that time landing and switching planes. The odd thing is that my body started to rebel after about 5 hours in the air. I just felt horrible for that last hour. The last 30 minutes or so I had the sick back at the ready.

Getting picked up at the airport is also a strange experience now. They have moved the parking so far away, few people park for arrivals. Most of them just circle the arrivals terminal. It is strange to watch people do this. It is like no one has any practice doing it. Cops had to be out there directing traffic.

My flight was early, so I had to wait for my sister. The flight being a half hour early did not do me any good. I stood waiting for my sister for almost that long. I miss the days of people waiting at the gate to greet me.

After dinner, my sister and I went out for water ice. I have been jonesing for water ice for a week now. There is the chain the the Philadelphia are called Rita's. They make the best water ice. Most of my friends in San Jose do not know what water ice is. The best way I can explain is it like a Slurpee that you need a spoon for. It is one of those little things that I have been missing.

Comments

Popular Posts