Standing in line

IMAGE135

I went to see Spider-Man yesterday. I cannot remember the last time I stood in line for an hour to get into a movie. The line was long. There must have been three hundred people in this line in front of me and another hundred behind me.

There is one feature of this picture that I really love. I love the palm trees. From time to time I see a grove of pine trees and it reminds me that I live in California. I never planned to live here. It was not one of my goals. I am not sure that I even like it that much. With all that, is still surprises me.

Those moments of surprise are happening less often now. It only happens once every couple of months. When those moments of surprise no longer happen, I will be a true Californian. I wonder if I will be there that long.

Comments

Popular Posts