Travel Notes 4/2/02

Lunch with Amber

The only important thing I did today was have lunch with Amber. She is the last person I keep in touch with from 800.COM. Amber is just a great person. I talked to her like no time at all had past. There was a slight moment when it was uncomfortable, but that went away almost instantly. It is like we never stopped seeing each other.

We have been keeping in touch via e-mail. We both knew about the big events in each others lives. I know that she is married and trying to buy a house. She knows that I am still working for TiVo and living in San Jose.

I like Amber for a lot of reasons. We are about the same age, we had the same goals at one time, and we have run into the same walls in life. I think there is a lot of connection there. They are the things that made us friends in the first place. She is the last person I speak to from 800.COM. I am the last one she speaks to also.

We talked a lot about turning 30 this year. It is a big event and a small event at the same time. She told me that scheduled a doctor’s appointment for her birthday. I told her I do not have any plans yet. I would like someone to throw me a party, but I do not want to ask anyone to do it for me.

We talked for an hour. It felt like it was longer then that, but still not enough time. I hope I get to see her again sometime soon. I hope it is not another three years before I see her face to face. I think she is someone I could stay friends with for a long time. I hope that I get that chance.

I thought Amber was going to blow me off. I thought she was just pushing me off and she did not want to see me. I did not feel this way after I saw her. I was thinking about leaving Portland early. I am happy that I waited around for the chance to see her.

Old hangouts

I went to Tennessee Red’s for dinner tonight. I know it has been two and a half years since I have been there last, but I was disappointed. It used to have the feeling of a place run by guys who were right out of the hills of Rocky Top. Not it feels like a hipster hangout. The food was not as good as it used to be. I guess things do not stay the same.

Random Roads
  • Bought a copy of the Qur'an
  • Got a buzz haircut.
  • Hung out at Pioneer Courthouse Square one last time.
  • Watched Vanilla Sky in my hotel room last night
  • Going to bed early so I can get up early to hit the road tomorrow.
  • This vacation should help me figure out what I want to do with my next vacation.
  • Comments

    Popular Posts