Travel Notes 3/31/02

Alone on the road
I have spent most of this trip alone. I knew that before I came up here. What am I trying to figure out with all this time alone? It is alone and away from my regular life. Today it was hard to be alone. I wanted to be closer to people. It is Easter, and everyone I saw where in groups. Not being close to people is really getting me down. I have to think about that.

Lost on the Street or Religion

When I left the restaurant I was having dinner at tonight I was panhandled by a girl. I am not sure if she was 16 or 24, but she looked in rough shape. She was eating a handful of gummy worms. She asked me if I had any change. I usually do not give money to panhandlers, but today is Easter. I gave her about seventy-five cents in change and left it at that.

I know what she meant her that she did not have any Easter candy or Easter dinner. I thought about the idea that Easter is really for religion. Easter is about faith. I wanted to tell her to look into religion. If she is living on the streets she is looking for something. I wanted to tell her to look for that something in religion. It does not work for everyone, but it might work for her. It might be better then living on the street.

I did not say anything to her. The whole time I walked away, I wanted to turn around and say something. I am not a super religious person. I just cannot think living on the streets is better then finding faith. I still wish I told her this.

I went back later to see if she was there, but she was not. I wonder if I would have said anything to her if she were there. I will never know now.

Alone thoughts
I am a little depressed today. I am depressed because I am alone. I know I took this vacation to be alone, but it is pointing something out to me.

Random Roads

  • I am spending too much money on this vacation.
  • Breakfast at Jo Rousserie & Bar
  • Lunch at Burgerville
  • Dinner at the Downtown Greek Deli & Cusina
  • The restaurant has an octopus on the facade.
  • I had a great sandwich there.
  • I had two bottles of beer today.
  • The city was really dead tonight
  • There was not much to do today
  • I spent a lot of time driving around the outskirts of the city
  • The beds at the Benson are really good
  • Comments

    Popular Posts