Travel Notes 3/29/02

Drinking on Vacation
I woke up hungover this morning. The pitcher of beer while watching Ocean’s Eleven last night did not help. I should not be surprised I was hungover. That will happen on vacations where one of your goals is to drink a lot of beer. All I am saying is that any hotel that has it own Brewery should have free aspirin in the rooms. It would be just like the free soap. One of the best things about the Kennedy school is that there is so much beer around. They brew it right in the hotel. It is like a license to drink

Why am I drinking on this vacation? I had another active night of drinking. Part of me says that drinking is a way for me to declare I am not responsible for anything on this vacation. I usually do not let myself get drunk because I have to do something like drive or go to work the following day. On this trip I do have to do anything. I just have to hang out. There is something very good and very bad about this idea.

There might be a different reason I am drinking so much. I had a clear idea why that might be when I take this note, but I am not really sure now. That is what happens when you drink so much. I might be drinking because it is an easy thing to do. I can make an even out of going to so many bars in Portland. It is something I can do instead of looking for other things to do on my vacation.

Random Roads
  • I saw Metropolis tonight.
  • Might go to see a movie every day
  • I have seen lots of signs for Apartments to rent
  • Would I want to live here again be the Question?
  • Still signs of life at the 800.COM building.
  • What do CEOs do with their license plates once the companies go out of business?
  • Bought Miss Wyoming By Douglas Coupland
  • Bought A Model World by Michael Chabon
  • Bought a Microphones-Don’t Wake Me Up CD
  • Bought the Uncle Tupelo Anthology CD
  • The Benson is a swanky place
  • Everything is expensive at an expensive hotel
  • I am on the 7th floor, but my view sucks.
  • Took the Valet Parking.
  • Had a beer at the Lotus. They sign still reads 1924 to 2000.
  • Dinner at Market Street Pub
  • There is something very Portland about McMenamins.
  • I cannot tell the street kids from the slackers.
  • I do not believe people when they say they have a self-selected family
  • Portland is full of cute young lesbians.
  • Made notes I cannot read
  • What are the chances I will see someone I know?
  • Hung out at Pioneer Courthouse Square
  • Lunch at Good Dog/Bad Dog
  • Hawthorne Blvd looks basically the same
  • I love women with sad faces.
  • I drank 6 pints of beer today
  • Comments

    Popular Posts