Shaving

I could not fall asleep, so I decided to take a shower. I stayed up really late last night. I slept to 2 PM this afternoon. I tried to fall asleep round midnight. It just was not happening. I did not have what it takes to meet the sandman.

When I got out of the shower I decided to shave off my goatee. Last Monday I trimmed my goatee pretty far. I was trying to see how far I could grow my goatee. When I first moved to San Jose I had a goatee long enough that a guy I worked with gave me the nickname of Tut, after the old Batman TV show villain. I wanted to see if I could get it that long again, but it seemed to be took ragged this time. I trimmed it, but no one said anything about it.

I have had my goatee long enough that I do not remember the last time I shaved it off. I think I last shaved it off back in 2000. It is strange when I shave it off. It is like the shape of my face changes. Here are some pictures of me with the goatee. I will have to get someone to take pictures of me now.

As I shaved I thought about this guy Rodger. I worked for him back in college. He was in the university print shop. He had the oddest shave that I had ever seen. Later I realized that he never used a razor. He shaved only with scissors. Rodger was a Vietnam Vet and he had a couple of breakdowns. I always wondered how these things related to each other. I was once told by Rodger's boss to not ask him about it. I wonder what ever happened to Rodger. Last thing I knew he was having a rough time of it.

Comments

Popular Posts