Road Trip CD List

This is how it works. When I go on a road trip like this I take one, 24 sleeve, CD wallet with me. The music is only for my car. I plan on listening to most of it on either my 16-hour ride to Portland or my 12-hour ride back. When I am in Portland I will either listen to the radio or my MP3 player.

Harvey Danger – Where Have All The Marrymakers Gone?
Husker Du – Candy Apple Grey
Uncle Tupelo – Anodyne
Son Volt – Trace
Music From The Films Of Hal Hartley
Matthew Sweet – Altered Beast
Suzanne Vega – 99.9F
Red House Painters – Songs For A Blue Guitar
Pavement – Wowee Zowee
Pavement – Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Soul Coughing – Ruby Vroom
R.E.M. – Automatic For The People
They Might Be Giants – Then Disc 1 & 2
Wilco – Being There Disc 1 & 2
Pavement – Brighten The Corners
Sunday – Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic
Billy Bragg and Wilco – Mermaid Ave
Richard Thompson – Rumor and Sigh
Neutral Milk Hotel – In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Belle and Sebastian – Tigermilk
Ben Folds – Rockin’ The Suburbs
Ben Folds Five – The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner

I look at this list and I wonder what my friends are saying. I wonder if they think this is typical for me. I wonder if they think they could have guessed this is what I would pick. I am not saying I want to surprise people. I just do not want to be too easy to read.

Comments

Popular Posts