The Plan

Here is the plan so far.

Day One

Leave directly from work and drive as far north as I can. I think that I will be able to get out of the office by 5 PM. I hope to clear the North Bay traffic by 7:30. I am not sure how far north I will be able to get by the end of the day. I want to get off the road early so I can start early on Day two.

Day Two

Try to get on the road by 7 AM. Drive 101 north all the way to Seaside, Oregon. It is going to be a long and scenic drive. This is the real test of the trip. The point of this trip is to see if I can sit in my car and drive for a whole day. If I cannot do this, I will not be able to drive cross country. I know that I would rather drive then sit in the passengers seat. I just have to see if I can do this for a full day.

Day Three

Wake up in Seaside, Try to get up as close to dawn as I can. Go to the ocean. Go at least knee deep into the water. I have been to the ocean once this year. I wish I had time to go more often.

After breakfast, drive Highway 26 to Portland. Get to Portland about noon. Check into the hotel. Try to get a little rest. I do not have any plans for that first night in town. I will most likely head to the Bagdad and see what is playing.

Day Four

Go to the Portland Saturday Market in the morning. See if I can get tickets to the Blazers game that night. Try to hang out with my friends in town.

Day Five, Day Six, Day Seven

Shop At Powell's. Watch the world go by from Pioneer Courthouse Square. Drink some fine local micro brews. See some friends. Lazy around Portland. Relax as much as I can.

Day Eight

Drive I-5 south to I-80, I-80 to I-880, I-880 to San Jose

Comments

Popular Posts