Last Saturday

Saturday Night, for the second week in a row I went over Jason's house to play games. Jason had purchased some games from Cheapass Games. For weeks at work we talked about how we do not play enough games. When he told me to got the games, I was happy to play.

I ended up being at Jason's house until 4 AM Sunday morning. Two weeks ago I left at 2 AM. I had told Jason before that I am usually the last person to leave a gathering. The reason is because I spend so much time alone. I do not want to stop hanging out if I am going to be alone. That is why I am usually kicked out at the end of the night.

That night I felt really good driving home. It felt like I am putting together more friends in San Jose. I think that I have done something with friends almost every weekend this year. I want to keep it up.

In the book Microserfs the narrator world program while isolated from time to time. If he programmed for 16 hours it was a flight to Japan. If he programmed for a weekend, it would be a trip to the moon. (note: It took Apollo astronauts about 3 days to get to the moon) I have taken the turn of a trip to the moon as a weekend when I do not see anyone I know. I have not done it much this year. I want to try to stay away from it. I should work to hook things up my friends every weekend. It is something that I have not worked on in the past.

Comments

Popular Posts