Weekend

I did two worthwhile things with my time this weekend. The rest of my time was wasted. On Saturday I went to a party. Stephen threw a housewarming/St. Valentines Day/birthday party. It was pretty fun. There was a large contingent of work people there. There were even some ex-TiVo people there. Most of the night I spent talking to people I knew. I met a couple of new people, but it seemed hard to break into most those conversations. I tried to talk to the people I work with in an out of work context.

I noticed that I tend to take over conversations. I would either not be saying anything at all or I would be just dominating. I could not find that place between the two ideas. It was hard to me to be in a conversation with more then one other person. I wanted to get ever other word in. I wonder if I am always this way. It is not something that I have noticed in a long time.

I was one of the first people to get to the party and one of the last people to leave. I had no place better to go if I left the party. I have noticed that this has been the trend at the last couple of parties I have been to. I do not think my friends mind all that much.

I hear a lot of people complain about not having enough time to do all the things they want to do. I am a person with all the time in the world. I could use more social things to do. I could also use more people to do them with. The last thing I would use is more motivation. I seem to have a lot of free time. Some of my time is so free because I cannot motivate myself to do anything.

Since I have all this free time, I want to find people to do things with. I feel that I do not have that many friends in this area. I want to hang out with more people. I am happy I was invited to this party. I do not know when I will get the chance to hang out with a crowd like this again.

There were lots of kids at this party. I never thought I would be the kind of person that did not like kids. For the most part the kids were all over the place. I just do not connect to kids. I seem to live in a different world then they do. If I ever have kids of my own, I think I will be better with other people’s kids then.

I know that I had a really good time at this party, but if you read what is above you would not see that. There were a lot of funny and interesting people there. We talked about everything from electric cars to EverQuest, the Winter Olympics to vacations. I am glad I stayed late because some of the best interactions were at the end. I guess this is another case of me not being able to write about the good things.

Comments

Popular Posts