Reading Around

Blogger runs ads on there home page. The ads are right above the the log in. The ads are cheap enough that regular people can buy them. The last time I looked it as $10 for 8000 impressions. It was a good enough rate that I even bought some for Sad Salvation. I think I might have gotten 20 visitors for that $10, but I know my readership is going up.

If the ads sound interesting, I click on them. I want to see what is going on with other web logs. I feel I should click on these ads if I expect other people to click on mine. Many times the web logs are at the same level as Sad Salvation.

Recently there was an ad about a girl describing boredom. I clicked on the ad to find an entry about why she weblogs. She admits that her weblog is not great or even good. The point is that she does it for herself. She know that people she knows and people she does not are going to read it. What does it mean that you are going to do something for yourself and other people are going to read it?

Something about the entry really speaks to me. I want to keep reading this web log more often. I want to see what kind of things she is going to say that might upset people. It might inform me about what I am not saying about my life.

Comments

Popular Posts