Ego Surf City

Lets Start by defining some terms.

Ego Surfing - Looking up your own name in a Search Engine to see how sites mention you.

Reverse Ego Surfing - putting up a list of people, so that if one of them goes egosurfing, theoretically they may come across the bait page with your contact information.

Waxing an Ego Surf - Posting things on the Internet so your name comes up more often or higher up when Ego Surfing. (Comes from waxing a surfboard)

Googlewhack - Typing two words into Google's search bar, with the goal of obtaining a single result. seeing the words "Results 1-1 of 1" appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

I would like to add things to this list.

Inverse Ego Surf - Using the Referral logs of your web site to see how people are using Search Engines to find them.

Egowhack - Searching for things other then your name to see if you can get your web site or weblog to come up on the first page.

Someone recently searched for "Ain't Nothing Going To Break My Stride" and Sad Salvation came up on the first page of the search. I am obsessed at the ways people can find my web page on search engines. I always check it out when I see it in my referral logs.

Comments

Popular Posts