Travelogue - Portland

My plan is to drive to Portland taking US 101 North all the way to Seaside. I would like to spend my night in Seaside. I will drive US 26 from Seaside to Portland. I have wanted to drive 101 north for a long time. It is a much more scenic drive then taking I-5 North. I will be able to see the ocean for much of this drive.

I have been longing to visit Portland for a while. It has been since June 2000 since I was in Portland last. It is a city that still holds some part of my heart. I miss a lot of little things about the city. I miss the parks, clear air, Powell's Books, coffee shops, and brew pubs. It was a city that I did not understand when I left. I think I could take better advantage of it now. I was only there for a short time, but that city still clouds my minds.

I still have a couple of friends in Portland. I am not sure if I am going to stay with them or stay in a hotel. Part of me wants to live the big time and stay in a nice downtown hotel. I have never blown a lot of money on a hotel before. I think there would be something cool in just dropping cash on the hotel. I could be Mr. Big Time for a couple of days.

I am looking forward to seeing my friends. I have been able to stay friends with them. It is hard to keep in contact with people when you do not see them very often. If I moved back to Portland the people will not be the draw. I would be moving back just like I moved there the first time. With no real support in the city.

I still think about moving back to Portland. I tell people if I could have my current job and live in Portland, it would be a great combination. I think I could be a lot happier. I do not know if I will ever move back there. It is something I have to think about for the future.

Comments

Popular Posts