Relationships

I was walking across the street to the supermarket when I saw a couple sitting in a car. I could tell they were in the middle of the break up conversation. They both had that tired look on their face. The look of not knowing what to say, but knowing there are things that are going unsaid. As I passed the car, I slowed down just a bit. I was trying to tell who was breaking up with whom. I could not tell from my outsiders P.O.V.

After I was finished shopping, the couple was still in the car. They both looked tired and worn down. I guess everyone looks that way when they are breaking up. It makes me think of the last relationship I had that ended with that kind of break. It New Year's Day 1990. It seems like such a long time ago. I am not sure I can remember all those feelings. I could see that the people in the car were having their hearts sink. After 1990 all of my relationship ended in non-conclusive ways.

Comments

Popular Posts