Welcome to the End of the Year

As an adult, December has always been the quickest month. It seems to be the month that flies by at the most amazing speed. I know it is because I put so many thing off. December moves like the last few hours of a Sunday night. I put things off all weekend and I put things off all year. Now I have to come to terms with the things that I have not gotten done. I will have to figure out if I will be able to get them done next year.

December makes me come to grips with the fact that I am an adult. When you are a child December seems to be a month that will never finish. It is a different world as an adult. Sometimes I wish I could have that level of pure joy that Christmas used to have. I know that cannot be because there is no one for me to share Christmas with. Even when I am going home for Christmas, it is not the same thing.

We have a whole other year to be looking forward to now.

Comments

Popular Posts