Musical Influences

When I got back home I found out the Hatboro Music Shop was closing down. The Hatboro Music Shop was one of the big places for me to buy music when I was growing up. Jeremy and I decided to visit the store for what will be the last time. This is a store that Jeremy and I would walk to when we has nothing else to do in the summer.

When we where in store I told Joe, the guy who had run the store for the last 55 years, that the Hatboro Music Shop was one of the greatest musical influences in my life. When people talk about musical influences they only talk about bands. There are a lot more things that shaped me as a music lover then just bands. Bands and records might be the lowest on this list. I bought a hundred records at a record store, that store is a bigger influence then one of those hundred records. It got me think about what things shaped me as a music listener.

Here is an off the top of my head list of my greatest musical influences. They are in no particular order.

Hatboro Music Shop
Repo Records
WMMR
WIXQ
My Family
Jeremy Bushnell
My Duel Tape Boom Box/High school tape swapping
Car Radios
Replacements - Don't Tell A Soul
personal headphones (ie the walkman)

PS. In case you were wondering, Everclear - World Of Noise was the CD I bought on my last visit to the Hatboro Music Shop.

Comments

Popular Posts