The Mirror

In an entry of Imaginary Year two characters talk about what they see when they look in the mirror. I think this is a great question. I know that people think a lot of things when they look in the mirror.

The ideas of image and self-image are so complex. Most people think things about themselves that no one else ever picks up on. Other ideas that everyone else sees, we miss all together. That is the difference between the mirror and reality.

What do I see when I look in the mirror? I see a million different things. It depends when I am looking in the mirror. It depends if it a mirror or a reflection in a window. It depends if I am expecting to see myself or not. For the most part I think, "What do they not see?" I feel a barrier between me and other people. I wonder if that barrier is cause because there is something in me they do not see.

Tell me what you see when you look in the mirror.

Comments

Popular Posts