Going Home

Tomorrow, maybe today by the time I am done writing this post, I will be traveling back to my hometown Warminster, Pennsylvania. I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time. I have not seen my family at all this year. This is my only chance to see them for a while. I am not person that needs to be close to my family all the time, but I miss them now. There are a lot of things I feel left out on since I live on the other side of the country. There are a lot of things I wish I could be home for.

This year I have had a couple bouts of homesickness. There are times when I have missed my family, Philadelphia, and the East Coast. Either one of two things will happen. The first thing that could happen, what happened Christmas 1999, I can be reminded why I moved away in the first place. There is an old saying that nothing cures a bout of homesickness like a trip home. When you are homesick you forget all those little things you do not like about the area. You can only see the sweet things.

The second thing that could happen is that I might go home and decide I really want to move back. This idea really scares me. I do not feel that I am ready to move back yet. I do not feel that I am finished at my job yet. If I feel that moving back is a good idea, I do not know what I am going to do with my job. It is a scary idea because I would have to another leap. I am not sure my life is in the right place to take this kind of leap.

It will be good to get away from my job for a few days. It will also be good to get away from San Jose. The best thing about going home is that I have few responsibilities. I can go chill, slug, and hang. Everyone else will take care of everything. People do not care about what work I have to do for them. I do not have to put up with the job. It is going to be a good thing. Right now I only wish I would be home for more days.

Comments

Popular Posts