Avoiding San Jose

I have not been getting out of my apartment for the last couple of weeks. When I do get out of my apartment, I have been leaving San Jose. I have not been sticking around my neighborhood. I have been driving and not walking. It almost feels like I have been avoiding San Jose.

It is strange to say that I am avoided the place where I live. I come here every night. I spend hours on end in this city. The difference is that I have not been getting out to see the town lately. I cannot tell you why I have been avoiding my town. I just do not feel like kicking around the streets.

I have a complex relationship with San Jose. On one hand I am a fan of the underdog. San Jose is an underdog city. People make fun of San Jose all the time. Lots of people act like they are too good for San Jose. I want to see the city do well so it can shed this image.

On the other hand I think San Jose is kind of boring. I think there are a lot of things this city is missing. For having almost a million people, San Jose feels more like a suburb. I got my hair cut on Monday. I was I was sitting the chair watching the woman cut my hair. I was thinking that I was never planning on living in San Jose. It just kind of happened. I keep on thinking that my destiny is in another city.

After the holidays I will have to make more of an effort to hang out in Downtown San Jose. I will have to try to find ways to have my friends come down here also. I need to hand out with people and bring them to my neighborhood.

Comments

Popular Posts