What Can I Write About My Friends?

I know at least some people are reading Sad Salvation. They tell me when I have typos and point out my mistakes. My guess is that most of the people that read this web log are my friends. They are the only people that I have told about it. Someone would have to come upon it by accident or by the recommendation of my friends.

Since my friends are the people that are reading this web log, I wonder how much I can write about them. The main goal of my writing is to spill out my guts on the page. I feel that the deepest darkest parts of me are the most attractive on the page. I feel that my greatest insight lies where my deepest darkest feelings are. The nasty parts of me are side by side with those feelings

In those dark places I have really nasty things to say about my friends. I love my friends, but there is something about love that brings out these feeling. As much as I love my friends, I seem to think the worst things about them. I see their weakness, failing, and problems. Some of their problems really hurt me. Some of there problems really stick out and I wish I could correct them.

I know that my friends do not know everything I think about them. I know that I do not tell them everything, because it is not my place. I really do not have the right to tell them what I think. I have the feeling that we always hide things from people we love. If we did not love them, we would not care what they thought about us.

Many times I want to frame my feeling about myself inside of things that I feel about my friends. There are interactions between my friends and myself that I want to interpret. I know that some of the things I want to write will blind side these people. I feel that I might cross a line if I do these things. There is a line between the things I can say about my friends. I know that I want to cross that line from time to time. I am not sure how the right thing to do is.

The other hard part is that most of the people that read Sad Salvation are my friends. Even if I try to hide the identity of one of my friends, the rest of my friends will be able to figure out who that person is. It will not be much of a hidden identity. I cannot protect them from my feelings if I spill those feelings on the page

Comments

Popular Posts