Flight To Chicago

There is part of me that really hates flying. I have come to had flying for a lot of reasons. One of the reasons is because of my size. On a full flight I have a really hard time. It is hard for me to sit in small seat for three hours. It is a seat that I do not even fit in. I have been on those flights and none of the people in my row are very happy. Luckily There was an open seat next to me on both flights I took today. It is the advantage of the Southwest open seating policy.

I wonder if my body in general is going to make flying even worse. I actually got air-sick at the end of the flight into Chicago. The last hour of the flight was like Space Mountain. The plane was moving all these odd directions because of the turbulence. My stomach did not take it too well. It was so bumpy that I could not close my eyes, but I could not read anything either.

I started to puke my guts out about ten minutes before I landed. I kept being sick until just before we touched down. Once I got on the ground I was fine. There were no long lasting effects. I am happy because I did not want to be sick on my vacation. There is nothing that changes your point of view on a moment like getting sick. Since the plane was landing, I had to sit in my seat and use the airsick bag.

For right now I will chalk up my air-sickness to my breakfast in the Las Vegas airport. I got up at 5 AM this morning. I was so busy that I did not get the chance to eat before I got to Vegas. I decide to get breakfast at a bar in the airport. I had the "All-American" breakfast, bacon, scrambled eggs, and hash browns. I also decided to have milk along with my breakfast. I forgot that I usually only drink water and apple juice on the days I fly. I will chalk up the air-sickness to the pint of milk.

I hope that I am not air sick on the way back to San Jose. It will be a big problem for me if flying gets any harder then it is right now. If I cannot fly about a dozen times a year, I will have to think about moving back to the East Coast. Right now the only way I have to go home to see my family it to fly. If I cannot fly I would have to stop seeing them. I will have to see how this goes.

Comments

Popular Posts